About ABSBeta and the new ABS website
ABSBeta is where we are testing new ways of making our digital information and services easier to find, understand and use.
Current test concepts have been designed to help us improve the experience with our digital content.
- Having clear and easy pathways to statistics
- Making the main findings clearer and more immediate
- Using language that is easier to understand
- Providing definitions for lesser-known terms
- Having interactive graphs and tables
- Providing an export function for graphs and tables
- Having an easy to understand summary of the methodology
You can help us improve our website experience by trying and providing feedback on our latest concepts available through the ABSBeta home page.
About the new ABS website
We are implementing a new ABS website in mid-2020. Over time improvements will be applied to the new site that have tested successfully in ABSBeta.
What’s not changing?
- New releases will continue to be listed on the homepage
- Data files will remain the same
- Time series identifiers and file names won’t change
- Other ABS dissemination products won’t change (TableBuilder, DataLab)
- Historical statistical content will be available on our old website
- abs.gov.au will stay your official source of statistics